Policy Changes Due to COVID-19
Your health and well-being are why we’re here! We want you to know that we’re doing everything we can to help navigate the uncharted waters of the coronavirus.
What are we doing at the Office?
We are aware of the current health concerns about the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We are also concerned about the spread of influenza which is still active in our area. In order to protect both our patients and staff :
If you or your companion – are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus and flu including:
Fever, cough, shortness of breath, cold or flu-like symptoms
If you have recently traveled internationally
If you have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or has traveled internationally:
PLEASE CALL THE FRONT DESK
BEFORE COMING IN FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Our receptionist will kindly give you instructions as to next steps. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, we’re making your health and the health of our patients and staff our highest priority.
Additionally, we have instituted a Companion Policy to ensure the well-being of our patients and staff. Only patients and their companion are permitted in the Office. At this time, no companion children (under the age of 18, including newborns) are permitted in the Office.
All companions will be screened for the following and will not be permitted to remain in the Office based on these results:
1. Recent international travel history
2. Contact with individuals with known COVID-19
3. Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath, Cold or Flu-Like Symptoms
4. Patients can have at most one companion with them at any appointment
5. Only patients and companions are permitted in the office
6. No companion children allowed (under the age of 18) in the office. This includes newborn infants
7. We are restricting all sales rep, vendors, etc. from our care centers
What should you do to prepare
First – don’t panic! Knowledge is power. The best information you can find is on the CDC website.
Thank you for being our patient.
Brian Sokalsky, DO
Jersey Shore Medical Alliance